Wednesday 2 November 2011

Crazy Things At Uni

 Reverting back to my studenty side, last weekend my boyfriend and I decided to make vodka gummy bears after a recipe I'd seen online recently (see below).

We bought a bag of Haribo Gold Bears and the Smirnoff that was on special offer.

  • Empty bag of bears into bowl.
  • Pour vodka over to completely submerge them.
  • Leave for about 24 hours, until all the liquid is gone.
The bears will puff up and some may be a bit harder than normal in the middle, but they are great.
WARNING: They will disappear very quickly! (And you'll be drunk but that doesn't really matter!)



A while ago, some of my housemates and I started to watch James and the Giant Peach, I made the observation that the crocodile tongues look suspiciously like fusilli pasta with green food colouring.
So for Halloween we proposed to make our own crocodile tongues (above). Unfortunately, we never did make them; we were all too giddy from the bears and the lemon cakes I made.

The lemon cakes are a bit of a speciality for me. Last year I made them for a friend's birthday and they vanished within a few seconds! Needless to say, I have been perfecting the recipe and keep feeding my housemates with them when I can. Sadly, I left a key ingredient at home, but I have managed to still make them, and I'm going home this weekend, so I can bring back the secret ingredient.

That's all for now folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment