Tuesday 8 November 2011

Real Winter Breakfast

Good morning all,
I am currently tucked up on my bed with cushions and blankets all around to keep the warmth of the night in.

I have just finished my very delicious breakfast of real porridge:

3/4's cup of Traditionally Rolled Oats (Scotts Oats are my favourite),
1 cup of milk,

1/2 cup of water,
nutmeg for sprinkling.

Put the oats, milk and water into a milk pan and stir to cover the oats thoroughtly.
Leave on a medium heat, keep stirring for 10-20 minutes depending on how you like your porridge - runny like rice pudding to thick enough to stand your spoon in.
Just before pouring your porridge into your bowl, sprinkle in the nutmeg, or any spice you like, stir to distribute the yummyness.
I add a little sweetner to the top of mine (it gives a nice skin/crust).

Porridge is my favourite breakfast ever, especially in the winter. It is healthy and wholesome and it'll keep you full until lunch time.

Pour a large mug of tea, turn on Classic FM and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment