Thursday 10 November 2011

Idris the Dragon, Jones the Steam

Trains. Some people love them, some people hate them; hate the public transport system, the over pricing and the service: we all know British trains are ALWAYS late.
But are they all that horrible?

Over the last few weeks, I have racked up over 9 hours of rail time, and loved every second of it.
Not a single train was late.
And I got super cheap prices too!



I have travelled from Bangor, Gwynedd to Birmingham New Street (return), Bangor to Conwy (return) and I will be going to Conwy again tonight for the World Rally Meet.

Even waiting for my 7.24am train from New Street on Monday, only one train was delayed, and that was terminating at the station anyway - not a big deal for commuters.

I must admit that I love my Young Person's Railcard, I get 30% off any train price, including those on The Train Line. I got to Birmingham return for £25! My boyfriend doesn't have the railcard, but a return trip to Conwy for both of us only cost £6. Who said travelling by rail was a rip off?

For that much money, you couldn't put enough petrol in your car for all of those trips.
The great thing about the first trip to Conwy was that with only spending £3 each to get there, we had some spare pocket money to spend at the Food Festival - yum!

I am very excited about tonight. There are going to be all sorts of rally cars, including (my favourite) the Classic Minis! Chris and I adore the cheeky little pocket rockets. Chris has one waiting for him at home, lovingly named Julie.

There are going to be stalls full of bits and bobs that we love spending hours trawling through to find some tiny trinket we didn't know Julie was missing - let's hope it will be tiny, there won't be much room on the train for a new exhaust system!

No comments:

Post a Comment