Thursday 15 September 2011

Next Choice

The next long term decision I need to make is this:

Start my career as soon as I finish my final exams, or
Travel, learn and see?

If you had asked me yesterday, I would probably would have said the former option, but I think today I got back in touch with my goals and dreams and Stumble upon has been sending me beautiful pictures of places that I had nearly forgotten about;

Rice fields of Japan and China,
Great Wall of China,
Mount Fuji,
Aurora Boralis,
Vancouver,
India - namely the Taj Mahal,
New York,
Thailand,
Salar de'Uyuni, Bolivia,
and many more places.

But if I take on a full-time, training based role, I can't take out time to see these amazing places, and who knows when and if I'd ever be able to see them once I'm part of the rat race?

As I'm writing it feels like I've made up my mind, but just a few days ago I sent my CV and cover letter to a World famous company with training schemes to cover anything that you could ever dream about doing, and there are many more CV's being sent out soon.
What if I pass up this opportunity to get in with this company to travel and spend money rather than earn it?

Opportunities don't come around like that all the time, and with the job I have applied for will involve travel so I would wing it like that, but I don't get to choose where I travel too and it most definitely will not be a social call to these places; which by the way are UK based anyway.

It'll come to me.
I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Such a dilemma. However once you join the 'rat race' you do actually qualify for paid holidays!! This means you can earn, learn and travel for business and pleasure. The temptation to do everything immediately must be immense, but this needs to be tempered with the thoughts that you have your whole life ahead of you. You should remember that if you are fortunate enough to get offered one of the positions, you will be earning quite a sensible salary, living at home (not rent free) and have quite a low cost of living - this should give plenty of opportunity to save and enjoy planning exciting holidays/adventures to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete